Hi, I’m Bridget, welcome to my Best Sewing Machine and Sewing Machine Reviews website. I think sewing stuff is just about the best pastime ever, and useful too, don’t you think? Nowadays with electronic and computerized sewing machines, life is so much easier.
I’ve been sewing stuff for years and years and used many models of sewing machines. I always give the old ones away(they weren’t really that old but I outgrew them fast) or trade them in when I upgrade to something new. They can also be sold second hand if they’re still in one piece (99 percent are, unless you make a habit of dropping them) and working fine.
How to Choose the Best Sewing Machine
Now, I didn’t say it was an easy thing to choose the best sewing machine for beginners. You need to know what you want now, and plan ahead for what you might want in a year or two. It could be that you only want to sew hubby’s trousers hems now, but suddenly you find that you want to take up embroidery as a hobby. Bear in mind that you can always upgrade to something fancy later on as long as your budget allows. A few important things to think about to help you start in your purchase are:
- Type of work/functions – First things first, decide what you want your sewing machine for. I wouldn’t recommend buying a sewing machine with all the fancy functions if you aren’t going to use them, since the price difference can be large. If you’re buying the sewing machine as a gift, find out what features suit the person you’re giving it too.
- Portability – If you plan to bring the sewing machine to sewing classes, get something lighter and more portable.
Read more about how to choose the best sewing machine here.
Best Sewing Machine Reviews
These are the best sewing machines I feel worth recommending to you folks who love sewing.
- Best Beginner Sewing Machine – Very user friendly, highly recommended as the best sewing machine for beginners.
- Best Basic Sewing Machine – It’s basic and it’s cheap, good for those who sew only occasionally.
- Best Value Electronic Sewing Machine – Good value for the price!
- Best Budget Computerized Sewing Machine – Computerized sewing machine at a budget price.
- Best Quilting Sewing Machine – Comes with plenty of good quilting features, definitely choose this if you’re quilting heavily!
For more reviews, click here to go to my Sewing Machine Reviews Blog.
Best Sewing Machine Brands
There are two big players when it comes to sewing machines. It is often a tough decision choosing between the two major competitors in sewing machines – Brother and Singer. I personally have used both brands and they are both good. Here are my reviews for each of the brand.
Sewing Machines – Guide
I have been sewing since my mother taught me how on her very ancient sewing machine. All that experience plus researching each time I buy a new sewing machine must have made me an expert, yes? I’d like to share with you everything about sewing machines that I know, so here are some articles I wrote:
- Types of Sewing Machines
- How to Choose the Best Sewing Machine
- Sewing Machine – Technical Terms Explained
- What Else to Look For in a Sewing Machine
- Different Types of Needles for Different Fabric
- Sewing Machine Cleaning Tips
- Sewing Machine Troubleshooting
Read more sewing machines reviews and guide posts in my blog. With all these information and tips I hope you will be able to find the right sewing machine for your needs. Very soon you might even be making clothes for your children’s dolls! Happy shopping!